DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2001. We have produced 413 degree holders till now. Many of our students are working in esteemed Companies, Organizations, Institutions and all. As well as our department has produced self motivated, confident, and talented and smart personalities to the society. We develop our students Communication Skills and Leadership Qualities and every year our students obtain University Ranks. The department consists of experienced and qualified staff members, aims at promoting excellence in teaching and imparting quality education.
B.Sc Course started in the year - 28.07.2001
Reference No : 19411/D1/2000
Besides class room lecturers, seminars are conducted for U.G. students on topics related to their syllabus. Staff members guide the students in their preparation and presentation. Class room quiz programmes are conducted by the concerned staff members to assess students understanding and knowledge of their subjects. Remedial courses are conducted for students who could not cope with their syllabus.
VisionInformation Technology motivates the students in various activities to bring out their hidden talents and to improve their communication skills to get better exposure in IT Sectors. To make the students to actively involve in various curricular and co-curricular activities.
To enhance Industry Institution interface To conduct National Seminar, organize Science exhibition and to give training for writing competitive exam. To develop useful software through Software Consultancy Cells Various career oriented programmes such as certificate courses to enhance employability Utilize the potentiality of the alumni for training, placement and modernization of lab Strengthen alumni and institution relationship
S.No DATE TITLE CHIEF GUEST 1. 24.8.2002 Association Dr. K. R. Radhakrishnan, Principal of Thiru V.K. College, Thiruvarur. 2. 30.1.2003 Association Inaugural function Hon. Mr. Manisankar Iyar, M.P (Congress Committee Member) 3. 11.6.2003 Seminar
1. Mr. Nichola, M.E., M.C.A., Seminar Examiner in R.E.C. 2. Mr. Joe Irudhayaraj, St. Joseph?s College, Trichy
4. 24.6.2004 Association Mr. Seetharaman & Mr. Sankara Narayanan, Lecturers, Govt. Arts College, Kumbakonam 5. 24.6.2006 Association Inaugural function Mr.V. Badrinath, Professor of Commerce and Management Studies 6. 14.10.2006 Seminar Mr. Rengarajan, Hari Info. Tech, Kumbakonam 7. 25.7.2007 Association Inaugural function Mr. Manivel, Department of Geology, Bharathidasan University, Trichy. 8. 3.6.2007 SeminarASP.Net & VB.Net) Prof. Dr. Manivel, Geology Dept, Bharathidasan University, Trichy. 9. 23.7.2008 Association Inaugural function Mr. Charles Mathan from N-Hit, Software Consultancy, Aduthurai. 10. 11.8.2008-13.8.2008 Seminar and Workshop Rev. Sr. Cyprian Augustina Mary, Secretary , Idhaya College for Women, Kumbakonam 11. 12.4.2008 MAssociation Valedictory Professor in Department of Computer Science, Govt. Arts College, Kumbakonam. 12. 25.7.2009 Association Inaugural function Mr. Manivel , Department of Geology , Bharathidasan University. 13. 30.7.2010 Seminar on Grid Computing, Pervasive Computing and Nano Technology Mrs. N. Sundareswari , M.Sc., M.Phil, Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Govt Arts College for women, Kumbakonam . 14. 8.8.2011 Association Inaugural function
Mr. N.K. Senthilnath, Managing Director of ACTC, Kumbakonam
15. 8.8.2012 Association Inaugural function Mr. Srikanth, MBA, Regional Manager of Dream Zone, Kumbakonam 16. 28.6.2013 Association Inaugural function Dr. M. Revathi M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Principal, Government College for Women(A),Kumbakonam 17. 9.10.2013 Orientation and Competition Mr. S. Thirumaran, Business Head of NIIT., Kumbakonam. 18. 27.713 & 29.7.13 Project orientation programme for III years
Kings, Indian Brains and Spansys.,
19. 19.3.14 Orientation Programme on the topic Dream Driven Force. Mr. Kumar, Mr. Karthik, Mr. Shanmugam and Ms. Dharunya Reddy 20. 10.4.2014 Valedictory Mr. Shankaran from Indian Brains, Kumbakonam 21. 1.8.14 All dept Association Inaugural.
Dr. K. Shanthi, Principal, Polytechnic college, PRIST University
22. 18.3.15 Valedictory
Mr. T. Balachandar, HR, spansys Technologies, Kumbakonam
Rev. Sr. C. Jothi Mary, Principal, Idhaya College for Women, Kumbakonam
24. 23.9.2015 Inaugural of an EDC cell
Rev. Sr. C. Jothi Mary, Principal, Idhaya College for Women, Kumbakonam
25. 16.3.2016 Work shop on Hardware Assembling
Mr.S. Jagadesh, System Engineer, Spansys Technology, Kumbakonam
26. 24.3.2016 Valedictory
Mr. T. Balachandar, Spansys Technology
27. 26.7.2016 All department Association Inaugural function
Dr. K. Palanivel, Principal, Govt Men?s College(AUT), Kumbakonam
28. 9.8.2016 Seminar on Cloud Computing
The chief guest Ms. Khairunisha, Asst Professor, Department of Computer Science from Jamal Mohamed college
29. 30.9.2016 Seminar on Digital Transformation
Mr. A. Halilul Rehman, Mr. Andrew, Ms. Sasikala, NIIT, Kumbakonam.
30. 31.3.2017 Valedictory
Mrs. G. Nirmala Martin, Physical Director, Idhaya College for Women, Kumbakonam
31. 26.7.2017 Association Inaugural function
Dr. Thiruvalluvar, Principal, Govt Women's College, Kumbakonam.
32. 17.08.2017 Symposium on TECHNOWIZ 17
Dr. S. Santhosh Kumar, Asst.Prof, Dept of Computer Science, Alagappa University.
33. 03.10.2017 Workshop on Pyhton
Mr. Andrew, CSIT, Kumbakonam.
34. 31.08.2018 TECHNOWIZ-18
Dr. F. KurusMalai Selvi, GAC, Kumbakonam.
35. 06.09.2018 National Seminar
Dr. A. Martin, Dr. K. Nandhini, Central University Of Tamilnadu, Thiruvarur.
36. 15.02.2019 International Conference
Dr. T. Velmurugan, D.G. Vaishnav College, Chennai Mr. Paul Arun, CEO, KUDWI Analytics, Chennai.
STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENT IN EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
SNO DATE NAME OF THE SEMINAR/CONFERENCE/WORKSHOP RESOURCE PERSON NUMBER OF THE PERSONS ATTENDED 1 30.9.14 SNational level seminar MDr. Nisha Thindil, Mass College of Arts & Science Mrs. M.A. Shanti & Mrs. P. Anusha Presented paper 24 students presented papers 2 25.2.15 Workshop Mr. P. Bhuvaneshwar Nearly 150 Students. 3 21.1.2016 to 23.1.16 Workshop Dr.K. Alex 58 Students 4 16.03.2016 Work shop Mr.S. Jagadesh 58 Students 5 23.2.2017 State Level Technical Meet WARTECH 62,2K17 Mrs. S. Navitha, Asst.Prof of Computer science from AVC college 50 Students 6 31.08.2018 TECHNOWIZ-18 Dr. F. KurusMalai Selvi, GAC, Kumbakonam. 560 Students 7 06.09.2018 National Seminar Dr. A. Martin, Dr. K. Nandhini, Central University Of Tamilnadu, Thiruvarur. 110 Students 8 15.02.2019 International Conference Dr. T. Velmurugan, D.G. Vaishnav College, Chennai Mr. Paul Arun, CEO, KUDWI Analytics, Chennai. 100 Students
- Department of Information Technology was extablished in the year 2001
- It offers UG Programmes
- There are 3 Teaching staff and 1 non teaching staff
- The department has MoUs with 1 organisation
- Seminars, Workshops are organised
- Department offers EXNORA and ROTRACT services and carry out extension activities
- Our faculty members published have published 4 papers in National and International Journals.
- So far, we have produced 10 University Ranks.
Our department aims at training the students in the newer technology. We are motivating the students to do real time projects in various domains, which help them to attain good career as well as Leadership Quality. We have planned to organize an International Seminar in the forthcoming years. And also we have planned to conduct many competitions & Workshops.