DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
The Department of Physics was established in the year 2000. Since then it has been offering Physics Main at the undergraduate level with an objective of empowering women through science and technology. The postgraduate program commenced in the year 2003 and research from the year 2008. Many students and research scholars who have pursued their course here are well employed and serve in the area of higher education at different capacities.
The current areas of research are crystal Growth, Solar utility, Non-linear Dynamics, Spectroscopic analysis, Nano technology and Thin films.
Build a foundation for excellence in knowledge and creating the interest in the study of Physics.
To awaken the young minds and discover their talents both in theory and practical Physics through dedicative teaching.
Encourage the student's innovative ideas and creativity.
Career Option For Physics Graduates
Physics Graduates can find ample career openings both in public as well as private sector enterprises.
- They can apply for all government jobs that insight graduation as the basic Qualification.
- One can find various opportunities in governmental organisation like DRDO, VSSC, ISRO, SSPL etc
- Can also recruit in space research centres and in research laboratories.
The Following list shows some of the common job types and Employment areas for Physics graduate:
- Lab Supervisor
- Consulting Physicist
- Research Associate
- Senior Physicist
- Assistant Scientist
- Radiation Oncologist
Main Employment Areas
- Research Institutes
- Laboratories and Institutes
- Educational Institutes
- Agricultural Research services
- Power Generating Companies
- Aviation Industry
- Construction Firms
- Demolition Squads
Government Jobs after M.Sc Physics
- There are vast opportunities available for M.Sc Graduates in government sector.
- They can apply for jobs in scientific Research and Development organisations such as
- The defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO),Physics Research Laboratory Ahmadabad,Shah Institute of Nuclear Physics Kolkata and Nuclear science centre New Delhi.
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Bharat heavy Electricals limited (BHEL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)
This JRF junior research fellow post comes under the category of Indra Gandhi center atomic research. A person with a good academic record in their graduation can apply for this post. Selection process will be based on the written exam and interview. The official website link for JRF is http://www.igcar.gov.in
Job Prospects abroad
There are wide Opportunities available
- You can work in several Health care
- Manufacturing and Electronics companies
- Student with high percentage during post graduation, can apply for National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Students Achievement Extracurricular Activities
Seminar/ Workshops/ Conference Organized
S.NO DATE NAME OF THE SEMINAR RESOURCE PERSON 1.
Advanced Technology in Telecommunication Mr.G.Selvaraj 2. 2002 Physics in our Practical Life Mr.D.Devadoss 3.
Recent trends in Telecommunication Mr.H. Mohammed 4. 2005 Recent trends in Telecommunication Mr. Sankar 5.
Application of Fibre Optics Mr.R.S.Sundarajan 6. 2008 Quantum Ideas Dr.K.Ganesan 7.
HAM Radio Mr.R.Sathya Narayanan 8. 2010 Recent Trends in Physics Dr. A. Antony Joseph 9.
Physics Exhibition Rev.Sr.Sara Jasmine 10. 2011 Role of Physics in Technology Mr. M. Srinivasan 11.
Basic Communication System Mr. G. Vaithiyanathan 12. 2013 Raising of Mechanics Mr. G. Rajiv Gandhi