DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
"Literature is a life - giving power, a Utopia, an Elysium and a Luxury"
The seed of teaching of English was sown in 2000 and as a major subject at the graduate level in 2008 - 2009 with 40 students. The Postgraduate programme commenced on 2011 - 2012 with 06 students followed by the Research Programme in 2014 - 2015 with 10 students.
It is an exemplary department focusing on the manifold aspects of communication skills. The department is vibrant with 14 commendable veterans endeavoring their valuable expertise at all levels.
"Nothing in the World is as powerful as a WORD"
We mould our students to become strong in their linguistic skills; we empower them to be meticulous in their expression that has resulted in their being absorbed in various educational institutions.
We have plans to arrange for international seminars and workshops and enable our students be exposed to the various fields in literature. Conducting more co curricular and extra?curricular activities is also in process.
LEARN ENGLISH AND BLOSSOM EVERYWHERE
- BUSINESS PROCESS OUTSOURCING (BPO)
- TOURIST GUIDE
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
- NEWSPAPER EDITOR
- MASS MEDIA
- PERSONAL ASSISTANT
I. DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITIES:
- The Department of English was established in the year 2008.
- It offers B.A ,M.A & M.Phil Programmes
- There are 13 qualified Teaching Faculty
- Faculty awarded with Doctorate & or NET/ SET qualified- 4
III. UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS:
- Total number of Rank Holders: 5
IV. SEMINARS & ASSOCIATIONS:
- Seminars, workshops and IDEAL Contest organized- 28
- International Seminar organized- 2
- Designing Multimedia Packages, Web-based Courses and Materials.
- Undertaking Collaborative efforts with other language centers in India and Abroad.
- Augmenting department infrastructural facilities and a plan to establish a centre for language studies.
- Performance based on learning methods through Innovative Projects.
- To improve Academic Achievement/Academic Performance.
- To conduct International Seminars.
- Work hard to increase the number of Rank-holders.
- To develop the Department Library.