DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
Our college offers B.C.A. course from (the beginning) 2000 onwards. We have produced 508 degree holders till now. We got permanent affiliation on 22.01.2009 (Ref.No.030374/D3/2008) with the intake of 60 students and started additional section for BCA on 28/07/2008. Many of our students are working in esteemed Companies, Organizations, Institutions and all. As well as our department produced self motivated, confident, and talented and smart personalities to the society. We develop our students Communication Skills and Leadership Qualities and every year our students gained University Ranks. Our Department Staff Members also take part in the various developmental activities for our college. We train our students to take part in various competitions. Our department has unique name among other departments in the right way. We got Ist Universtiy Rank & 9 Rank Holders from 2016 onwards.
Course Establishment Details
|B.C.A Additional Section - I
|B.C.A Additional Section - II
To emerge as power house of Computer Applications area developing competent computer professionals to meet the dynamic needs of disruptive technologies.
- To impart technical knowledge through innovative teaching, research and consultancy.
- Provides state-of-the-art facilities and internationally recognized faculty.
- To adapt to the dynamic needs of industries through curriculum update.
- Promotes partnerships with industry and community.
- To produce competent graduates with professional ethics and life skills.
- Do an MCA (which I recommend not to) which is a 3 years course again. The curriculum is almost as same as BCA course so you end up studying same things that you studied in BCA. Plus placements for MCA are not that great these days. So many colleges are shutting down their MCA department due to very low demand. Overall BCA+MCA options are dying in India due to fewer acceptances from IT companies or a very low package.
- Get into job oriented courses like Wipro WASE program. Its a 4 year program(on the job) which Offer M.Tech in software engineering degree at the end of 4 years by BITS, Pilani (Wipro has tied up with BITS, Pilani). You get monthly Stipend of 13,500,16,000,19,000,23,000 in 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th year respectively. Note that having studies Maths in class 12 is compulsory for this program. Selection process via test, interview.
- Another job oriented program is by TCS called as Ignite. Again a one the job 3 years program which offer MCA in tie up with Sastra University.
- With new age e-learning, BCA students should also look for doing Open Learning courses from websites like Udacity, Simplilearn, Coursera. It offer various new age courses like Mobile & Software development, Cyber Security, IT Service & Architecture, Cloud Computing etc.
- If not software/IT (it’s not your interest), then look for options outside like social work, management, fellowships like YIF, journalism, law etc. For this understand yourself via taking a psychometric assessment test and talking to a career counselor.
Our students are qualified as the following
- Graphics Designers
- Bank Employees
- Customer Care Services
- Multimedia Application Designers
- Software Developers
- Software Publishers
- System Administrators
- Computer Instructors in Schools
- Computer System Analysts
- Computer Programmers
- To conduct International Seminars
To Conduct National Workshops
- To Conduct Technical workshops
To train new technologies.
Give opportunity for real-time applications
To conduct more competitions in academics .
To develop Extra & Co-Curricular activities.
To arrange on campus placements.
To produce more Rank Holders